CFA Stands for chartered financial analysts. CFA Program is an international qualification offered by CFA Institute. The CFA Course is considered the gold standard in the Investment Management Industry. The CFA Course is divided into 3 Levels. Level I, Level 2 & Level 3.
The CFA Course offers lucrative Career opportunities in the field of finance & Investment Management.
Career opportunities for CFA
CFA Charterholders work in various roles including:
- Portfolio Management
- Risk Management
- Risk Analysis
- Equity Research
- Portfolio Management
- Wealth Management
Eligibility for Pursuing CFA Course
1) Graduates or Students in the first year of Graduation course can register for the CFA Level I examination. Students need to have a Graduation degree for giving CFA Level 2 examination.
2) Professionals who don’t have a graduation degree but have experience of more than 4000 hours are also eligible to pursue the CFA Course.
CFA Examination Timeline
- CFA Level I examination is conducted 4 times in a year in the months of February, May, August and November.
- CFA Level 2 examination is conducted 3 times a year in the month of February, May and August
- CFA Level 3 examination is conducted twice a year in the months of February and August.
CFA Examination Structure
CFA Level 1 is an MCQ based examination with No negative marking.
CFA Level 2 is a MCQ based examination where questions are based on case studies.
CFA Level 3 has a combination of case study based MCQs and Essay based questions.
The CFA curriculum has 10 subjects covered in detail throughout the CFA Program.
- Ethical and Professional standards
- Quantitative Methods
- Financial statement analysis
- Corporate Issuers
- Alternative Investments
- Fixed Income
- Equity Investments
- Portfolio Management.
CFA Examination Fees
CFA Program has an enrolment fee of $350 and examination fee of $900 for each level of Examination. Total cost of the CFA Program can be between 3-4 Lakhs INR.
The CFA Course provides a solid foundation in advanced investment analysis and real-world portfolio management skills that can help you get ahead in the investment profession.
Earning a CFA charter can help you get hired for jobs like portfolio manager, research analyst, financial advisor, risk manager, chief investment officer and many more.
A career as a CFA requires dedication and hard work but it can be extremely fulfilling and rewarding.
Also, check out our other courses
ACCA Course in Mumbai, CMA USA Course in Mumbai, CFP Course in Mumbai, US CPA Course in Mumbai